So, I have been meaning to post something for… awhile… but general apathy has gotten in the way. I have wanted to reach out to the rest of your and find a way that we can stop the shit. I see in the forum several posts asking for changes from Pie, to make things different, but we all seem to want him, the owner and developer who has no time (albeit more time and attention than the previous one), but we don’t actually need Pie to do things. Most of the stuff seems to be to fix the ways the community acts with rules, but we as a community can just do that ourselves. Sure some people may do it anyway, and gain an advantage, but then when we talk about the round and who won we discount people who did the stuff we as a community dislike. I have listed below some of the issues that seem to have popped up that have caught my attention as things we, as a community, can do something about via attitude and behavioural changes, not just code changes.
- If we as a community dislike UA, then we as a community agree to not do them.
- Don’t like market aid, then don’t do it… no matter how easy it may seem
- Farming to win size is bad, so don’t farm
- Don’t like wars where one fam takes all the other fams planets, then don’t do it yourself.
My solution is that we as a community agree on some terms of play, terms that allow all levels of skill and activity to engage so we can grow the community once more. I have thought on these solutions based on what I have read in the community, how some of my recent rounds have gone (esp. Clan Wars 1 & 2 last year) and the results of the two polls I put up
- Agree that top* fams don’t fight lower* fams for any reason
- Lower fams can band together in alliances, but top fams do not
- Top fams never market aid, only lower fams and only within their alliance
- All wars posted in uni news, and agreement that wars don’t go past 10* days, at which time the fam that took the most planets won the war.
- Round winner is the fam that won the most wars (as posted in Uni News)
- Bring back community EOR awards, and agree to vote in them properly, not just for friends and family members
- Other ranks are used to compliment total wins to help with EOR awards
- NW rank shows best econ fam
- Size rank shows most expansive/aggressive fam
- Post more in forums and chat in a constructive manner, so that we create a cool vibe
- Help new players… if you are in a fam that is gunning for the top spot and don’t want to carry the weight, talk to Pie/the newbie/others to see if they can get moved to a fam that will help them out
- Just want to play to win and not care about anyone else, go play Stellaris or something else…