Welcome to the Mafia Reboot 2.1
The town of Ciaculli had been in the grips of crime for as long as anyone could remember. Everyone spoke in hushed whispers but no one knew exactly who was committing the crimes. A business burnt down, the old Mayor gutted in the town square, the police station blown up. No one was safe. This morning started just like many days, Amok and Primo walking hand in hand through the streets, bathing in the aureate glow of their nocturnal activities the night before. Primo told Amok how much he loved him, then ducked into the shop. Amok waited outside when he heard pitiful screaming coming from inside. He walked inside to find Primo lying in a pool of his own blood with his manhood removed. “I had plans for that,” raged Amok. He didn’t see Ciaschiteddu, the little bird, coming up behind him. Ciaschiteddu pulled the garotte around Amok’s throat, choking the life from him. Amok let out one last gasp as he defecated himself. The little bird had served The Pope well, soon the town would know they belonged to the Greco family.
As the town gathered around the bodies accusations ran wild. Everyone had someone else to blame. One person was very quiet. They didn’t want to let on how excited they were by the blood and smell of feces. They wanted to know what it would feel like to exercise that sort of power over someone, power they’d never had in their life. It was time for them to kill, to show that power.
As the day drew to a close people slowly drifted off to their homes. Tonight no-one would sleep soundly
1 x Godfather (Michele “the pope” Greco)
4 x Mafia members (Giuseppe Greco aka “Piddu the lieutenant”, Ciaschiteddu Greco, Salvatore “The Senator” Greco and Pietro Greco)
2 x Cops
1 x Doctor
1 x Serial Killer
1 x Secret role
11 x Townies
WHAT THE ROLES DO
Michele “the pope” Greco chooses who to kill each night phase, and which member of the family will complete the kill. If investigated The Pope will appear innocent. If targetted to be killed at night The Pope will survive the hit.
The Mafia members will work to take the town of Ciaculli for their own.
The local cops understand that something’s up. They’ve gone undercover to try and work out who the mafia members are. Each night phase the cops will choose one person to investigate. If they investigate The Pope or the SK then this role wil appear as a townie.
The doctor believes that all life is sacred. Each night the doctor will head out and attempt to save someone’s life. The doctor cannot heal the same person two nights in a row.
The Serial Killer is a twisted psychopath who just enjoys killing. Each night the SK will target one person in an attempt to kill them. If the SK targets The Pope he will survive this attack. If investigated the SK will appear to be a town member, and if the target of a mafia hit the SK will survive. During the day the SK will attempt to sew mayhem and lynch mafia members and town members alike!
Is a secret! Their role will be revealed if/when activated.
Each night the town members will be shaking in their boots, hoping that the Greco family doesn’t pay them a visit. During each day phase the town members will attempt to root out the members of the Greco Family and obtain vengence.
- Your objective is to rule Ciaculli; to do this, you must eliminate your opposing faction.
- Mafia is allowed 1 kill each night; they will win if they kill all townies and the serial killer
- Town will win if they kill all Mafia members and kill the serial killer
- The serial killer is allowed 1 kill each night; they win if they kill everyone else and are the sole survivor
- Each day phase, every town member must vote for whoever they think should be lynched; this person will die and no longer be a part of the game
- In the event of a tie in the number of votes at the end of dayphase, there will be an extended period of 1 hour for players to change their votes, should they wish to do so; if at the end of the extended period the tie still persists, BOTH players will be lynched; if a player missed the original voting deadline he will NOT be able to cast his vote during the extended period. During the extended voting period only those who were tied on can be voted on.
- You cannot miss two votings in a row; should this happen, you will be immediately removed from the game, and lynch will still commence based on voting.
- The voting deadline is just that, a deadline. Day phase will finish at 2000 GMT, this means that if you vote at 20:00:01 GMT your vote will be excluded. This is irrelevant of whether the game moderators have posted that voting is closed.
- You are NOT allowed to make public the message sent you by the game moderators to tell you your role, either entirely or in part; should this happen you will be removed from the present game and possibly future editions as well. You can share what your information means, but you cannot share exact text.
- Once you’re dead, you’re dead. Do no talk about the game to still active players, or post in the forum thread. This will be considered an act of influence upon the remaining players, and will get you banned from future games. We all like to have fun, and play by the rules, so please keep that in mind.
Order of events
- SK Kill
- Mafia Kill
- Special role if active
0800 GMT - 2000 GMT = Day phase
2000 GMT - 0800 GMT = Night phase
These times may be subject to change due to work schedule, however announcements will be made if there are any changes.
Chat is here: https://discord.gg/ECVUuFe