@Vegnarok, I think you started a title trend here.
I used to play IC and now I rule it as an evil dictator.
Ready for more history than you care about?
A long time ago I signed up to play Planetarion (PA) and needed a username. I don’t remember my first choice, but it wasn’t available. I was at a loss for a second choice, and then I randomly remembered a picture from an old comic book price guide with one of their staff and a speech bubble over his head that said “I like pie.”. It made me laugh, and my online persona was born!
I played PA for awhile with my older brother, and eventually found IC as another game to pass the time in between PA ticks. I was instantly hooked and forgot about PA entirely. I joined in Beta3 and quickly got banned by Lizzy (or was it Ryan?) for having multiple accounts. I pleaded my case in chat to both of them and they let me off the hook.
Since then I’ve had many roles and worked on many things related to this game. Over the years I have:
- become an Awards President when that was a thing
- accepted a #general op position from the IRC days
- introduced “Foohon” to the community,
- lead a few Foohon fams and at one time a Foohon tri-alliance
- become a tutor in Virgo
- twice became a game moderator and quit
- created and managed various incarnations of ic-portal.com
- collaborated with Killer_Hobbits on the original IC-Radio
- created and managed ic-wiki.com
- twice become a volunteer developer and quit
- finally, purchased IC from Squirrel
If you can’t tell, I’m obsessed about this game. I’m sure I’m not the only one.
I occasionally do things outside of IC as well. Recently I relaunched my personal website, foohonpie.com where I write about IC, amongst other things. Actually, that will be the main place I talk about non-IC stuff too so if you’re interested in knowing more about me, just visit there.
I suppose that’s it for now. I’m looking forward to rebuilding Imperial Conflict’s community in its former glory and even surpassing it eventually! I’m excited to be on this ride with you guys.