Let’s smash some bugs!
We have an upgrade under the hood that is necessary for us to complete our migration to our new email service. Unfortunately, the pieces in question are sensitive to change and the risk of bugs is higher than our typical code updates.
It is currently ready on our dev server, and while initial tests look good, we want to be more rigorous than usual. Therefore we’re going to open up a special testing round for anybody who is interested in helping.
Everybody is welcome!
No Patreon subscription required, and you can join even if you have otherwise hit any galaxy limits. The galaxy is also fully draftable, so feel free to invite your friends!
There will be prizes!
There are going to be 2 teams of up to 50 players each, and we’ll be rewarding prizes for the following after the round ends:
- 1 random player from the entire galaxy
- 1 random player from the family with the highest networth
- 1 random player from the family with the highest planet count
- The player with the highest networth
- The player with the highest planet count
- The player who reports the most new bugs (as in, bugs that are not also on the regular servers)
The prizes will the following Patreon perks, for free:
- 1 month access to the dev server (after this galaxy closes)
- 1 month access to the alpha server
- 1 month bypassing the 2-galaxy per server limit
- 1 month of a custom forum tag
- 1 custom galaxy, can be used whenever you want
If existing Patreon subscribers are prize winners, they can gift their prizes to others if they wish.
Bugs must be reported in the forum to count.
To help us keep things organized, please report individual bugs here. Bugs reported in chat won’t count. Thanks!
The round is going to be 1 week long, and running 1-minute ticks. It’s on a small map with relatively few systems and planets. Yes, it will be intense.
Also, expect to see bugs. That’s the point, after all.
An interactive map can be found here:
- Tick Speed: 1 Minute
- Length: 1 weeks
- Starting: Saturday, July 21 @ 17:00:00 GMT
- Ending: Saturday, July 28 @ 17:00:00 GMT
- Market Delay: 1 Day
- Offensive Operations Delay: 1 Day
- Galaxy Size: 40x40
- Planets per system: 5
- Systems: 90
- Planets: 450
- Families: 2
- Family size: 50
- Drafts: 50
- Morale formula: Enabled
- Starting Resources: 10x
- Max Defense Stations: 3
- Cores: 3
- Starting Fleet: Standard
Public Registration is Open
Existing players can join here.
If you don’t yet have an account, you can join here.