Solo Play with a twist!
50 teams of 1 slowly consume each other, ending with a massive 25 v 25 end of round brawl.
Unofficial Alliances are allowed
More than allowed, they are encouraged so bring a friend to take on the galaxy!
Click the image above to see the interactive version
If you’ve hit the galaxy limit
Patron Fighters and above are exempt from the 2-galaxy rule and may play in as many galaxies as they’d like.
- Length: 6 weeks
- Starting: Thursday, October 4, 2018 @ 17:00:00 GMT
- Ending: Thursday, November 15, 2018 @ 17:00:00 GMT
- Market Delay: 2 days
- Offensive Operations Delay: 2 days
- Galaxy Size: 100x100
- Planets per system: 5
- Systems: 481
- Planets: 2,405
- Families: Starting with 50, ending with 2
- Family size: Starting with 1, ending with 25
- Drafts: None
- Morale formula: Disabled
- Unofficial Alliances: Allowed
- Starting Resources: 50x
- Max Defense Stations: 3
- Cores: 3
- Starting Fleet: Standard
Public Registration is Open
Existing players can join here.
If you don’t yet have an account, you can join here.
How does this assimilation thing works?
For the first week it’s a regular SN round. After that however, the bottom half will be merged into the top half, with placements happening at random.
Any time fam merges happen, players will keep all their planets, fleet, etc.
This will repeat weekly, with new teams sticking together through successive merges until the final week.
- 50 fams of 1 become 25 fams of 2
- 25 fams of 2 become 12 fams of 4 (2 fams will have 5)
- 12 fams of 4 become 6 fams of 8 (2 fams will have 9)
- 6 fams of 8 become 1 fam of 17 and 2 fams of 16
- The bottom fam gets split in half and distributed between the final top 2
- The round is over, and we will see which of the initial 50 families comes out on top.
- The final 2 fams will remain split for the rankings.
Seems annoying to have a ua partner that could be your enemy every other week…
Who’s to say they’re your enemy because they’re in a different family?
That’s the point of UA, after all.
Will be interesting!
SS slow start. Then pair up after one (if you’re lucky) or after 2-3 weeks, which is already halfway through the round.
Or go SS all the way because if you’re a bottom fam, your team will get shredded and you need to re-team up, and any previous team shared system now has hostiles.
So unless you can be sure to carry your smaller fams to top half, SS is the way.
Sounds fun for a returning player.
As families get assimilated, what happens to the DS’s?
LightgunsYesterday at 10:12 PM
the ds will stay there as part of that old fam and do nothing. Ds is fam related.
ZoZYesterday at 10:16 PM
@Lightguns do they not disappear, since the fam has to have a certain %age of the explored planets. And the fam has none anymore, since, in fact the players were redistributed?
I_like_pieYesterday at 10:16 PM
the % is to move a DS into a system. once it’s there, it will remain even if the fam no longer holds the system
it only ever gets removed if the family gets defeated within that system, and the empire migrations bypass that event
so we’ll end up with some orphan DSes
The market opened!
Time to round up some cash!
Looks like the best thing to do is a mix: go light on resource, heavier on cash.
Like, 30-70 maybe.