It’d be good if we could have some rules of engagement similar to the 1st clan wars. That had potential, when you take the over complicated scoring system out of it. In this galaxy the winning condition is still most planets at EoR. If there’s interest I might try and create a much simpler scoring system for another attempt at a full draft clan wars style round. For now I’ve tried to come up with something that provides a hardcore battleground from the start for those that want to fight, and gives infrachill and new players somewhere relatively safe for a while.
Who would agree to play by these rules:
- Arm systems are out of bounds to other families
- Outer ring systems can only be occupied by families in adjacent sectors - no attacking
- Inner ring systems can only be occupied by families in adjacent sectors - attacking allowed
- Singularity systems anything goes
- Arm and outer ring systems can only be attacked by families in adjacent sectors
- Inner ring and singularity systems anything goes
The map wrap issue with this galaxy design is fixed. The arms and rings are clearly defined. The arms extend through the rings. No excuse for ‘accidentally’ attacking the wrong planet! These rules can only be enforced by all of the players doing the right thing. Anyone breaking them needs to be called out and shamed in a dedicated shaming discord channel. We need incentive to keep players around. The old ways are just plain broken.