Welcome to Rome!
It’s the first century B.C.
Four centuries after the Romans have driven the last Etruscan king from their city, the Roman Republic is once more roiled by internal conflicts.
The Roman nobility - conservative elitist senators and their huge extended families - are gathered in the Optimates faction.These are the good guys.
The Populares, the common people faction, meanwhile have been trying to instigate large scale social reforms in favor of the commoners. That makes them the bad guys, of course.
Pompey, an immensely popular and successful general in his days, has been keeping the peace between them as the leading man in Rome. Caesar, his former close friend and ally, has waged a great war of conquest in Gaul for the last eight years, which made him ever more rich and popular.
Now, the balance of power between Caesar and Pompey is shifting.
Victorious Caesar stands with the common people, though of noble blood himself, and joined the Populares. A fiercely ambitious man like that-- an aristocrat with soldiers, money and the love of the people-- might make himself emperor, bringing the end of the Republic.
Pompey opposes that threat to his beloved Republic vehemently, and is spearheading the Optimates.
Rome, its citizens and its legions are divided thusly, and now a civil war is on the verge of breaking out! Caesar and Pompey have marched on the city, and sit opposing each other. The day their legions face each other in the field draws near, but both generals know there are more subtle and less costly ways to win before that day comes.
The fate of the Republic will be decided through politics and murder, as is custom in Rome.
The Optimates could save the town and the Republic.
Caesar and his Populares could grasp supreme control.
Or alternatively, devious killer Livia could eliminate all opposition, or Rome could be destroyed by a revolt led by the infamous Spartacus.
But who is who? Who can you trust? Who must you trust?
Grab a loincloth, strap yourself into your lorica and carpe diem! While you still can…
- Mrblonde - ordinary mob - lynched by town
- thirdrock - townie - lynched by town
- KT – Townie, killed by serial killer Livia
- TBO - Vercingetorix - back up cop, lynched by town
- Tishxo - priestess - killed by mob
- Ordos234 - Livia - serial killer , lynched by town
- TU - Caesar the mob gf - killed by Spartacus
- HydroP – Townie, killed by Mob
- player1 - townie, killed by Mob
- Goddess of the Dead - a spartacus - killed by cleomobtra special action
- Jets - Pompey - town roleblocker - killed by mob
- Tortoise - town cop 1 - killed by mob
- Mels - mob roleblock - lynched by town
- Torqez -townie, killed by Spartacus
- Melvin85 - town doc - lynched
- Nai - town cop 2 - killed by Spartacus
- Kratom - a S/spartacus, lynched by town
- Schniepel / McFrak
- Daylight - ordinary mob member -lynched by town
- Nolio - Spartacus - lynched by town
- Oldie - townie - killed by Spartacus
- Dukey - Brutus Germanicus Mobilis- regular mob - killed by Livia
- youfool - cleomobtra - mob suicider - killed by spartacus