Currently there is a topic on MW65 being boring. The large galaxy size and low resources start resulted in slow development. Yet there are few fams that have a much more developed economy. These fams utilize a few game dynamics that I think everyone should know to be able to compete at all currently.
Also I think a discussion is needed on removing some of these dynamics as the advantages for organised fams grows exponentially.
In this topic I’ll discus:
- construction science takeover builds
- cutting portal cost
- cutting expo cost
Let us consider a banker with:
- 201 planets
- Average planet size: 250
- 300% overbuilt planets (200,000 cash factories, ignoring home planet)
- Networth: 1.5 million
- Construction science bonus: 50%
Suppose this banker wants to:
- jump to 700% overbuilt planets
- portal 150 planets
- explore 40 planets
Cost reference case
If this banker is going to built this by himself the cost for this would be:
- Building 200,000 Cash factory: 40 mill gc
- Portalling 150 planets: 31,5 million gc
- Exploring 40 (with space amazement): 7,2 million gc
Total cost: 78,7 million GC. I am ignoring ressies for now.
Cost optimized case
A good fam would take a whole different approach. They would have a con builder. A small player with low NW, low size, high construction science. Because NW isn’t instant this person can takeover all the planets of a high infra player and built with high construction bonus and low empire size cost. It would require sending a lot of fleet, triggering and building everything in 1 tick before NW kicks in, but it’s well worth it.
Also when the con builder took all planets, the banker will be small cutting expo cost dramatically
In addition, upon retaking all planets portals can be queued after each retake cutting down portal cost up to 50%.
Let’s assume the con builder has:
- 200K NW
- 10 planet size
- 99% construction science
This case would look like:
- Sending 200 fleet by con builder: 400K GC
- Building 200,000 CF by con builder: 14,5 million GC
- Sending 200 fleet by banker to take planets back: 400K GC
- Exploring 40 planets: 36,000 GC
- Portal 150 planets by portal directly after each retake: 12,5 million gc
Total cost: 28 million GC
Added bonus, because the banker dropped a lot in NW his construction science just went sky high and those portals finish in about 21 ticks.
So just by swapping around planets we are saving over 50 million GC! These differences get bigger when you add more planets in the mix and higher NW.
Pro’s and cons MW65 setup
MW65 was and is especially good for con building. Due to the shear distances in the galaxy a lot of planets have been safe for swapping a around. Active well organised fams have a very big advantage here building planets up to 1500% infra and fully portal easily where there majority struggle to even reach 700% ob.
_Learnings: To make MW more competitive and get more conflict I think a few things can be done:
1: less distance - this makes con building a high risk to loose infra which forces those organised fams to do more regular builts
2: make NW instant: this kills a lot of the benefits of con building (empire size cost being the most dominant on cost), which in turn forces the well organised fams to do more regular builts or gain less from this swapping of planets._ With less difference in infra it will become more beneficial to take infra from others or disrupt the building of others.
I left out most of the detailed calculations and rounded some numbers. But to get a feeling for the dynamics at play it is good to see what elements impact cost. Below the formula’s that are mostly hidden in the faq:
- Expo cost: 1500*size + 100 * distance
- Expo cost get reduced 40% with SA
- portal cost: 15000 / (1+ cons%) + 1000 * size
- Building cost: Base price / (1+ cons%) * (Empire NW / (10^6) +1) * (OB%+1)