Non player Market

Remove the player driven market and replace it with a static market where players can buy/sell but there is not a real person on the other end of the transaction… Can even make an algorithm where market prices fluctuate based on amounts bought/sold.

This would effectively end the market aid abuse that is plaguing this game.

If you like this idea and want to see it happen, please vote for it via the “Vote” button in the top left of this page.

0 Likes

Market and infinitum
Milky Way 67 Cheating: Multis and Illegal Market Aiding

I like it!

1 Like

Well last time we did a market like that… it was exploitet to extreme degrees :stuck_out_tongue: . Noir made
billions on market every day…

why not just have the market closed for a longer time ( time depending on starting ressies)

so keep the market clossed for 1 week ish at 50X start :stuck_out_tongue: should make those extra start ressies negletable…

1 Like

Or have a round without a market?

1 Like

u dont want that, that be like going to a party with beer… somthing would be missing!

1 Like

@Picklearmy
I love this idea.
Sadly once you have the math in place it’s exploitation will be built in.
I think the answer is less starting res.

All these people using the same strat for SoR is bitch anyway.
You don’t need to know the game anymore - you just gotta cut and paste @Orion 's fast research strat.

50x kills all innovation.
There is only one strat.

Why not just sart everyone with a frillion starting res?

3 Likes

That’s actually a built in round feature.
I think it is still bugged however,. But if someone wanted to create a custom gal, and request the market like this to see what’s going on with it, I don’t see why that would be a problem.

1 Like

Not everyone :wink:

1 Like

I Believe there was a round like this many years ago in three player fams. it was pretty interesting.

1 Like

The market is much more volatile nowadays with fewer players, but even in the olden days there was a lot of money to made when bids went to the hundredth decimal place.

IMO, no matter what you try someone will find a way to manipulate and become Richie Rich. Go ahead and give it a try though.

1 Like

Yea getting rich through legit market play is fine… making multi accounts and passing the cash and resources to your own empire is hurting the game, and taking up Pie’s valuable time.

Getting starting res is valuable no matter if its 1x or 100x … moving the decimal point around doesnt make that starting gc and res any more or less valuable.

Another option I guess is to make like a ticket # for each market transaction that can be logged on the servers so Pie and the Mods can easily track this sort of thing.

1 Like

It does matter quite a bit!
It is a whole lot harder to explo like and asshole and aid your whole start at 1 or even 10x starting res.
50x is a heap of free ships/sci/ect to whoever you are sending it to.

0 Likes

We played 1x starting res when the WS crew were cheating and got blocked…

Just look at it in percentages… With a 7 man fam you get a 15% family boost per multi you create. That is 15% regardless if it is 1x or 50x.

10k gc in a 1x res galaxy is the same value as 500k in a 50x starting res galaxy. Simply lowering it back to 1x does not solve the problem imo.

Although I will agree that it is much easier to tell who is cheating with lower starting res.

0 Likes

i think u missed my point… if u open the market later into the round, the extra starting ressies dosent matter… it wouldnt be worth getting 500k extra while ur fam makes 2 million a tick…

0 Likes

Ahhh yea that would work I think. I was referring to “time depending on starting ressies” … I think the appropriate amount of time would be the same regardless of starting ressies… 10k gc isnt worth it when you are making 50k a tic, just like 500k isnt worth it when you are making 2m.

1 Like

if that would work… do u still want this vote to go on…:stuck_out_tongue:

0 Likes

Yes, I still think having a non player driven market is better than not having a market at all for 1 - 2 weeks

0 Likes

I agree with pickle here (even if he resets his gal when he’s losing :laughing:) the ratios remain the same therefore the effect is the same, the only thing that changes is the time frame.

0 Likes

Its not quite the same.

While the % is the same the growth rates are different so the income you have at the 48 hour point relative to the starting resources is different for each starting amount.

In a 1 times start after about 12 ticks a banker earns 2.2k or 22% of your starting resources per tick
in a 50 times start after 12 ticks you’ve just fb your 8 explored planets and earn around 25k or 5% of your starting resources.

I haven’t simulated it but i suspected the difference will magnify till you hit tick 48 when market currently opens.

0 Likes

i think we should go back to classic market formula with decimals and that would detour market play alot more then just a new market or from players who play the market getting fat. just my thoughts.

0 Likes