Nope, have not noticed anything amiss so far.
- A lot of one planet systems is kinda weird.
- Restricted planets in the home system when meant to be a SS Galaxy is a waste.
- Too many morale planets yet again.
- When on the main map,screen and exploring, the empire’s gold coin number does not update at all, even after refreshing the page. Have to go to a different page then back to map page in order to get the gc remaining number to change.
- Does weird mean bad? Or just unusual.
- What do you mean by Restricted planets? Also, the real version of this will have families, but they will fill up slowly.
- Agreed. I’ve added Lower number of morale bonus planets to #roadmap:to-do
- This one’s tricky given some old code hanging around, will see what I can figure out.
- Not sure what I mean by weird. With a such a large galaxy and little conflict between players yet it is hard to judge if one-planet systems are an added value or not.
In a blind map game I can see them as a definite stealth advantage. I even think that turning off the mapping features might make the galaxy stand out and give it more of a hard-core style challenge.
There are many planets in the home system but they are all reserved. Since this began as SS and now is pairs, those extra HS planets are wasted.
Completely understand. Just came across it yesterday so figured I’d point it out.
Most likely a universal bug, but twice today in Infinitum testing ground I received a news report of construction completion on planets that are not mine. Two different players. Two different families.
I feel like this galaxy needs to be much slower… either slower tics or make it so moving through the galaxy takes longer … its too easy for a super active player to set up on players who can only log on once a day or less.
I think the best option is to make exploring and attacking take 10 or 20x longer, even exploring your own solar system should take some time. Currently it is way too easy to ruin someones round in a galaxy that is supposed to last forever.
yeah… perhaps limit the amount of exploration ships by one per day.
That wouldn’t stop people from being able to attack every hour though
i also think if it takes too long will push people away from the game… there just has to be morale limits of a sort or look for a different way to go about this… you want to be careful how much u limit players and action… this is imperial conflict after all not imperial infra…
or once u get to a certain size your empire gets moved up to the next level or moved to a different galaxy…
you can only attack certain players at a certain level… not to mention they cant jump ans sneak attack u… by staying below a level …
there are many ways to go around this those are just 2 ideas in 2 seconds…
think this just needs to be discussed more… not to mention not sure what kind of coding it may take for different things
I like the idea of having levels, as suggested by SCORP.
There will still be plenty of attacking … if this is going to be an epic everlasting galaxy, battles should take weeks or months not a few days and then a nap.
@Picklearmy campaigning for a slower tick cycle. Surely Hell has indeed frozen over!
Id be keen for a slower tick speed, half or quarter speed.
Still I think a balancing mechanic will be required for this galaxy to last forever, as new players need to get planets catch-up etc and once a family dominates it’s pretty hard to stop them.
I posted before this thread got split, suggested a new machanic like if family/players hold top rank for say 1 month, they get a victory point which shows on rankings and lose half their planets or something similar.
"Your empire is still waiting for its trading license, and can’t yet use the market. "
This, is good!
Infinitum lacks any real goals and is pretty boring in its current state. I`ve got a few suggestions that might spice things up a little:
Have the advisors give out quests
Add NPC factions with planets that can be conquered
Everyone starts without race bonuses, they have to be earned by completing achievements.
I agree here!
Nice to see you gave my suggestions some thought Pie!