From the recent discussions around exploration ships has brought up the SS play-style.
I think its worth discussing if we think this is actually a problem and what we can do about it.
My first thoughts are that SS and solo play(in a family) should be separated.
I see SS primarily being around building a mixed economy and do be able to perform multiple roles.
Where as SOLO play in a family typically implies SS but also means your attempting to do your own thing.
This discussion s just about the SS side not about playing solo or not.
Reasons to promote a SS play-style:
- Gives player more control over their outcome as less dependent on team mates
- Less time intensive as you don’t have to be on to aid/ask for aid
- Give players more option (variety) in a round, if they want to do econ and attack/op they can
- Easier for new players to get into
- change family strats
- Might end up with more players playing a lone wolf style
- less communication between families
- less reason to play as a team and include new players etc
- other - depending on the method/s chosen
How would we do it?: (just dumping all the things i can think of that would do it)
- Remove income bonus from the game
- Remove attack bonus from the game
- Remove Tax Offices
- Create a building synergy bonus, 1 mines gives 1 cfs X% more income as a simple example of this.
- Increase available race points
- Merge science bonus’s
- remove ability to aid
- stop infra jumps (planet swapping nw apply instantly)