Hi Pie! A few questions please

Alrighty ilpy 'ole chum:

Please let know which of these option are:

Key:

1. Stroke of the pen easy.
  2. Doable for a custom gala, but will take less than an hour to do.
  3. Significant time investment.

Options:

1. Make systems with intentionally varied amounts of planets in a map. I’m talking wide variances; some systems with 1 planet, some systems with 500. Would like to know the range if a range exists.

2. Manipulate morale gain back from morale planets.

3. Set wars to be “x” amount of ticks.

4. Upon completion of an “x” tick war, immediately have the game dictate the fams are napped for “x” long.

5. Set the morale cost of ops.

6. Remove morale entirely.

7. Change back to classic style op counts.

8. Create planets that give 1% bonus that act the same way that the TO bonus of 1% acts on your council page.

9. Create planets that have massive “room” for pop.

10. Mask the two (8-9) types of planets the way morale planets are masked.

11. Remove the thing that allows you to see other families on the map for no cost, all the time.

12. Designate a system/s to be completely reserved for a single family.

13. Designate a system/s to be unattackable.

14. Allow each fam to have a single use of Qeezys.

15. Implement the DreamWeavers without the new ops.

16. Implement them with the new ops.

17. Fix Warcry (thanks @YoungWolf_WiLd)

18. Implement Fog of War.

I think once we all know how easy/hard it is to make / request these customizations we will be able to expand the conversation opposed to “spaghetti shotgun” approach us unwashed masses have been using.

:spaghetti:

10 Likes

Very well thought out Darrk. Nice job :smiley:

Would be nice if Warcry were fixed also :wink:

1 Like

These all sound awesome to making one or 2 kick ass galaxies!

1 Like

I really like the fog of war idea.

However, being a developer myself I fear this is not something that is fast or easy to implement.

1 Like

Good post!

The smallest functional changes take at least a day to turn around, so let’s go with small, medium, and large where:

small = at least 1 day
medium = at least 1 week
large = at least 1 month

1. Make systems with intentionally varied amounts of planets in a map. I’m talking wide variances; some systems with 1 planet, some systems with 500. Would like to know the range if a range exists.

This currently exists, but is randomized. If we want to dictate this on a system-specific level however, that would be a medium task.

There’s no hard limit, but performance is impacted so we typically try to stay around 12 per system.

1. Manipulate morale gain back from morale planets.

Medium

1. Set wars to be “x” amount of ticks.

Medium

1. Upon completion of an “x” tick war, immediately have the game dictate the fams are napped for “x” long.

Medium

1. Set the morale cost of ops.

Small

1. Remove morale entirely.

This already exists as a galaxy setting.

1. Change back to classic style op counts.

Medium

1. Create planets that give 1% bonus that act the same way that the TO bonus of 1% acts on your council page.

2. Create planets that have massive “room” for pop.

3. Mask the two (8-9) types of planets the way morale planets are masked.

Can you clarify these?

1. Remove the thing that allows you to see other families on the map for no cost, all the time.

Already exists as a galaxy setting.

1. Designate a system/s to be completely reserved for a single family.

Medium

1. Designate a system/s to be unattackable.

Medium

1. Allow each fam to have a single use of Qeezys.

Medium

1. Implement the DreamWeavers without the new ops.

Medium

1. Implement them with the new ops.

Large

1. Fix Warcry (thanks @YoungWolf_WiLd)

Medium

1. Implement Fog of War.

Large

2 Likes

As I read it:

8 could be create a planet bonus that gives extra % of cash from CF built on it rather than a resource. LQ shouldn’t have this bonus applied.

9 would be have a galaxy setting where planet base pop would be increased greatly. 20x, 50x, 100x base pop space could make a long run or endless galaxy interesting as there’d be room for more resource buildings if LQs aren’t needed so much for large income.

10 is don’t have a planets bonus type visible until owned, same as morale planets aren’t known until acquired.

2 Likes

Thank you, works much better.

Let’s say on the current CW map that at the end of the “arms” - would it be better (performance /set up wise) to have a dense blob of systems or a single system with an inordinate amount of planets in it?

Rephrase:
2. Raise the amount of bonus morale gain-back from 5% to x%.
2a. Raise or lower base morale gainback. (option shopping)

8,9,10 A. Can this ^ be achieved as @Daffy suggested? He summed it up quite well. :trophy:

Tho my idea for more base population “room” on a planet is more to make them planets you feed to pop bankers, like we (originally) fed morale planets to attackers, or you feed bonus planets to res guys. Among other reasons (more food usage begin one).

One additional question please.
If we could allow 1 player in a fam (with no evolve) to play Queezys, could we also cut them off from trading (other than planets) from inside the family? If so, Added with “Medium” cost, would that cost raise to “Large” or remain “Medium”?

P.S. Thank you so much for taking the time to answer these. :trophy::trophy::trophy:

I like that more than my idea. If we had a % bonus for CF income on some planets then a % increase of room in a LQ for others would balance better. A 50% “breeder” planet bonus would allow 975 people per LQ

1 Like

It’s a tradeoff; too many systems on a map can be bad but so can too many planets in a single system. The best situation is to avoid extremes on both ends.

The same; any change here would be done as a new galaxy setting, which would take at least a week.

Yeah, there’s little that can’t be done, it’s always just a matter of time and effort and competing priorities.

#8 and #9 as described would be medium tasks, #10 would be small.

Still medium. At least a week still, but probably not larger than a month.

1 Like

Thank you @I_like_pie.
That is a bunch to mull over.

Awesome to have all that in a list.
Pretty much, I want to have your baby.

:dancer:t2::man_kneeling::pregnant_woman:t2:

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: