Getting Started Support

Hey all,

I just entered the Infinitum universe after completing the 10-planet training. I wanted to ease back in after 15 years away from IC.

What is the best way to get started. I can’t actually find any planets to explore so I assume I have to attack, but I’d assume the odds are stacked against me. What’s a good starter strategy for building military. I haven’t grasped the impact on resource income with a growing army.

Thanks so much!

Hey!

Unfortunately I would say you are just getting started at not the best time - Milky Way is only a week away from finishing but this doesn’t mean you can’t jump into the galaxy and learn from people in there! I would say that for people just getting back into it, Infinitum probably isn’t the place. Many people just use it to try out building stuff and theres so many people in there so big you don’t have much chance if I am honest!

So, what I would suggest is that you join Milky Way instead, introduce yourself depending on what family you’re in; ask if theres a Discord Server you can join to chat. Depending on what you’re used to, some families may appreciate a small attacker at this point in the round so let them know and they will get you started and help show you the ropes there! Then when the round is over, you will have a head start in the new round opening up (whether that’s Pinwheel or Milky Way).

So yeah, good luck!

Funeral! Thank you so much. I’ll pull out of this galaxy and head to Milky Way. Timing on joining totally makes sense based on what you’re saying. Appreciate the insight and I’ll check out discord to see if they’re active. Can you change families or are you stuck with the one you are auto-assigned?

One more question, is it possible to leave Infinitum? How do I do that? I’ll jump into a seasonal galaxy when it becomes available!

1 Like

Not a problem mate! You don’t need to pull out of the galaxy if you don’t want to, you can simultaneously be in both :slight_smile: Don’t quote me on this but you can delete and random back into the galaxy again once… not sure if that rule has changed during my hiatus though haha. But other than drafting into someone’s family using their draft code, there’s no way to change family sorry!

Ah okay cool. Appreciate all the info. I’ll be on standby until I can join Milky Way!

1 Like

welcome and have Fun in the MW

Thanks! Looking forward to it.

Is the the next MW round immediately available to join when the other one ends?

1 Like

I am afraid there will be another sort of round next in a so called SS galaxy b4 devs will open MW again. Not ideal fir new players, but a 404 screeen every 5 minutes is worse. May i suggest after the littlle downtime after round, you join rhe SS galaxy and see it as a learning round. Then after that one we will meet in anothzr cooperative galaxy. Ah and find us on discord chat if you need advice, have questiions or just want to meet the IC community.

Ah okay good idea. I’ll join whenever that one becomes available. I’m not too attached to outcomes bc i’m so green. So a learning session would be good. I’ll keep an eye out for that galaxy to open up. Thanks Acitorer.

1 Like

@discobot

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

@discobot display help

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start {name-of-tutorial}

Starts an interactive tutorial. {name-of-tutorial} can be one of: tutorial, advanced tutorial.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: The true way to render ourselves happy is to love our work and find in it our pleasure. — Francoise de Motteville

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

@discobot start tutorial

You are very welcome. There is a poll about next round and what the players want from it you might want to vote @Scuz

Oh cool. I just checked it out. Looks like I don’t have enough experience to effectively vote one way or the other so I’ll trust the majority and join when I’m able. Thanks @Acitorer!

You might want to overthink to vote for thz one about family or solo.

If it becomes family, you will play in a cooperative environment of your family. So more chance to ask help, advice and learn things.

If solo it is, you will be solitaire against the whole galaxy. A bit harsh for 1st rounds, as such rounds tend to be very competitive. Prolly a learnful experience too only a bit harder :slight_smile:

Stays your choice not to vote or reconsider and vote for one of the options now.

I agree with this. I am not sure why, after an influx of new players; we are going into SS only rounds

We aren’t. @Soull has provided the option for families.

Unfortunately, given our current issues with site performance, in the short term we can’t offer both options at once.

That means that we have to choose, and Soul has opened it up to player input.