Exploration Bases

Here’s a 30 second idea I had while inhaling my morning coffee. Exploration bases.

All exploration ships must leave from a special space-based facility built for their manufacture. These would work very much like a DS. Start with one in your home system. Be able to build a limited number more at a large cost relative to empire/family size. Move them to areas you wish to explore quickly to a system you own a % of planets in. If you lose a system one is in it simply heads back to your home to be re-deployed. They can’t be destroyed.

This would prevent to a large extent the problem above with instant re-explores. It would slow down exploration spread a lot so it may be viable to remove the eship build limit or increase it.

I like this, but how about something like an eship can’t be sent to a system with a planet less than fully built. You could then explore every planet in a system, but one at a time. Added to the exploration base travel time this seems fair. Gives others time to get in and build up.

1 Like

I’d like to explore this is an alternative to Exploration Failure and Spread.

Both solve the same problem, but in different ways. It may also be possible to combine them.

@Daffy could you open this up as a separate thread? All 3 of these features might work in harmony with each other, and/or as galaxy settings that can support different combinations.

1 Like

Will do tomorrow morning while inhaling coffee :smiley: :coffee: Can’t think good this late at night.

1 Like

No rush! Much appreciated. :+1: